Lifehacker shows you how to back up del.icio.us bookmarks on your blog. As the article points out, aside from backups, there are other benefits to doing this:
bq. It also kills two birds with one stone: participate in the del.icio.us community AND update your blog daily with one del.icio.us post.
This is a “no-hassle” solution done completely through your del.icio.us account. I tried this initially on this blog, but later switched to yadd for a more flexible solution. I made some minor modifications to meet my needs, including a change to the post title, and the automatic creation of tag hyperlinks.
Adrian Holovaty explains how he’s using Amazon S3 to serve media files. I’m not entirely sure that this constitutes best use of S3, but this article is certainly worth reading if you are interested in a simple example using Python and the S3 API.
* 1 Pixel Out Audio Player WordPress plugin — WordPress plugin enables embeded audio on your blog. (Tagged: audio blogging mp3 music plugins wordpress).
* Ajaxload – Ajax loading gif generator — Key in some color values, select a type, and generate your very own Ajax activity indicator!! (Tagged: ajax graphics tools web2.0 webdesign).
* Collection of Web 2.0 Navigation Menus — Collection of screenshots/links to navigation menus around the web. (Tagged: menus navigation web2.0 webdesign).
* Regular Expressions Reference – Basic Syntax — Title says it all. (Tagged: programming reference regex).
Continue reading “More Ajax Resources for Beginners”
Last Saturday was the first training run for the “Portland Marathon”:pm. My friend Rick and I ran with the “PMC”:pmc group downtown along the water front, under beautiful sunny skies. The weather that morning could not have been more pleasant. Today’s run however, was a different story, nothing but rain the whole time.
We ran out-and-back from “Fit Right Northwest”:fr on “23rd Ave., north to Thurman St., then west up to (and a couple miles in) the Leif Erickson trail”:map at “Forest Park”:fp. Our group is training at a 3:50 target marathon time, but I think the pace setter may have thought they said 2:50! The 3.5 miles _*uphill*_ were brutal. Rick pointed out that last week, we were all carrying on conversations, this week… not a word. Coming down we had the wind and rain in our face, but I thought it was great. For me, there is just something refreshing about running in the rain. Nobody bothered to clock it, but it looks like we came in about 1:04 for 7 miles. Not too shabby!
I have “read”:rw “much”:cr about the “Leif Erickson trail”:fpmap, and even in the dreary weather it was beautiful. Along most of our run, we looked out over the Willamette river. Under favorable conditions, the view must be spectacular. This will definitely be a favorite Spring/Summer run.
* Automattic » WordPress Widgets — New widget plug-in for WordPress. (Tagged as: blogging plugins tools webdesign widgets wordpress).
* Color Blender — Eric Meyer’s color blender. Pick 2 colors and discover n midpoints between. (Tagged as: color css design tools webdesign).
* Redirecting WordPress Feeds to FeedBurner — Use Apache mod_rewrite to redirect blog feeds to FeedBurner. (Tagged as: blogging howto mine reference tips).
* TypeNavigator — Interactive visual font finder. Find any font from memory!? (Tagged as: design fonts graphics tools).
* Micro Persuasion: Ten Blogging Hacks — Yet another indispensable list of hacks from Steve Rubel. (Tagged as: blogging hacks howto reference tips).
* AJAX Activity Indicators — Dozens of animated gifs for use in your new web 2.0 application! (Tagged as: ajax design graphics icons images web2.0 webdesign).
Scoble points to Ajax Resources for Beginners, a great little link source for Ajax tutorials. I’ve seen most of the sites referenced, but one completely new to me (and very valuable) is Ajax Activity Indicators, a page containing dozens of animated gif images for your downloading pleasure.
* 24 ways —
Bunches of great stuff. Ajax, CSS, DOM, and other great web development stuff. (Tagged as: ajax css design howto tips webdesign).
* The Best Design Resources you can Clear in One Sitting – PhilRenaud.com — Another source of links and such covering web design topics. (Tagged as: ajax css design links reference webdesign).
* Web Developer’s Handbook: developing web-sites, exploring imagination | CSS, Color Tools, Ajax, SEO, Usability etc. — Mondo links to all things web design oriented. (Tagged as: ajax css design howto links reference tips tools webdesign).
* Zoe’s Show, 3-9-2006 — So-Cal teen hosts this great little Interweb radio show. Great new and alternative music. (Tagged as: music radio zoe).
* Color Tool 2.0.1 Alpha — Ajax driven color picker. (Tagged as: ajax color design tools webdesign).
* SelectORacle — Decode any CSS selector. One of my favorite tools. (Tagged as: css design reference tools webdesign).
* Micro Persuasion: Ten Feedburner Hacks — More Steve Rubel hacks. This time… Feedburner. (Tagged as: blogging feedburner hacks howto tips).